Links to UPRT resources. All Pilots should get UPRT for a variety of reasons. Done at the right company it is arguabley the best training you will ever receive in an airplane. Before getting training be sure to read all you can on the subject. Don’t be surprised if UPRT becomes mandatory for a commercial airplane certificate.
- Airplane Flying Handbook, Chapter4: Maintaining Aircraft Control:
Upset Prevention andRecovery Training. If nothing else, read this chapter of the AFH.
- Airplane Upset Prevention and Recovery Training Aid (Rev 3). Even though this aid was created for transport category airplanes, most of the information applies to all airplanes and is a very good source of information.
- ICAO UPRT Information Find the latest UPRT related information on the ICAO website.
- AC 90-23G Aircraft Wake Turbulence
- Loss of Control Work group. The General Aviation Joint Steering Committee (GAJSC) created 2 LOCWGs to analyze and make recommendations for safety improvements in order to curb loss of control accidents. Check out the website for more information. There is a lot of good information to be found there.
- The Panic Pull This is something regarding human performance every pilot should know about as it relates to spin avoidance and upset recovery. Read this AOPA article to learn about the panic pull.